We offer you a super profitable combo package from our most popular excursions:
Santo Domingo + Saona Island and City of Artists
Travel and save!
1. Santo Domingo
Trip to Santo Domingo - a fascinating historical tour because this is where the story of the colonization of the Americas begins and many of the most significant events of the history of America relate to the capital of the Dominican Republic.
Even now, the city holds many secrets and mysteries. For example, where exactly are the ashes of Christopher Columbus?
During the tour, our guides will be sure to reveal to you a few secrets of the first European city in America and talk about the first voyage of Christopher Columbus, the indigenous inhabitants of the island - Taino Indians, pirates of the Caribbean and more.
The price includes lunch and non-alcoholic drinks during lunch.
- Depart hotel at approximately 7 am
- Travel to Santo Domingo (approximately 2.5 hours)
- Visiting the cave "Tres Ojos"
- Walk through the colonial part of the city, a visit to the house of Diego Columbus (son of Christopher Columbus), the Pantheon of the Fatherland and the First Cathedral of America on Columbus Circle.
- Lunch in the historic part of the city
- Free time for a walk in the center of recreation and souvenir shopping
- A visit to Columbus Lighthouse
- Return to the hotel approximately at 18:00
2. Saona Island and City of Artists
Saona Island, Bounty Island, Paradise Island - all names for the same place. Here you will surely feel like the hero of an adventure film. That’s because Saona Island is a place of snow-white soft sand, the warm and incredibly blue Caribbean Sea, palm trees leaning out over the water, as well as starfish, rum and bachata music.
Before you head to the Saona Island, you will visit the wonderful City of Artists - a unique decoration made by the staff of the company Paramount Pictures. The City of Artists is a complete recreation of a traditional Spanish village of the 16th century. Here you will feel like a traveler in time, stroll through ancient cobblestone streets, visit the shops of local merchants and admire the beauty of the Chavon River from a bird's eye view.
After visiting the City of Artists, you will go to the port Bayahibe, where you start traveling by catamaran across the Caribbean Sea. You will visit Saona Light and the Blue Lagoon where at the bottom lay many real starfish. *
The cost of the excursion to Saona Island includes: lunch (buffet), alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks on the island and catamaran, and water on the bus.
*As of October, 2017, removing starfish from the water is prohibited by order of the Dominican Republic Wildlife Protection Service. This is done to protect the starfish population.
- Depart the hotel at approximately 6:30 am
- The trip to the first stop takes 50-60 minutes
- The first stop is the city of Artists (Altos De Chavon) - an amazing village in the style of 16th century Spain, built a leading designer of Paramount Pictures
- Transfer to the Bayahibe port
- Catamaran trip across the Caribbean Sea to the island of Saona.
- Stop at the Blue Lagoon with starfish
- Lunch on the island
- Return by boat to the harbor and then by bus to the hotel. Arrive at the hotel at about 18:00
The price of the excursion is based on departure from hotels in the resort zone of Punta Cana. When booking excursions from other resort areas, please check with our consultants.